I can't upload a file.
What it looks like
Typical reasons for the error
Below is a list of things to check in order to avoid common mistakes our users make:
- Make sure the public key set in your widget settings is correct and doesn't contain extra characters/spaces.
- Each of our plans has a file size limit. Please check that your file is not exceeding the limit.
- Check the Signed uploads option in your project settings. If enabled, make sure you're using the correct signature/expiry. If you are not sure what this option for, simply disable it.
- If you're trying to upload a file from a URL, make sure the URL is correct and the file is publicly available – you should be able to open the URL using your browser.
- Make sure your subscription is paid and your account is not blocked for non-payment.
- The free plan requires account verification before uploading non-image files. Images include the following formats:
BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, PCX, TIFF, TGA, WEBP. If you are uploading any other file type you will need to attach payment information to your account.
- If you're using the free Community plan, keep in mind that it has hard limits on upload units and storage – you can see your remaining upload units and other limits on your dashboard. Once you hit the limit, your uploads are paused until the start of the next billing cycle.
Getting additional information
Open “Developer tools” in your browser and navigate to the Network tab. Repeat your file upload and find the line:
Click on it and then click o the Response tab, and you’ll see a response from our upload API that contains the exact reason: